Monday, June 29, 2009

Some girls want COACH purses...

When my mom helped me buy my Typhoid vaccination last month she said "Some mothers get to buy their daughters Coach purses. I spend the same amount of money buying my daughter vaccinations so she doesn't die in Africa." After a couple of offers from my Uncle Mike to purchase a universal handcuff key and knife to sew into the bands of my jeans I feel the need to reassure everyone that I am taking my pills and will have all of my travel wits about me!

I just finished packing my bag and tomorrow will begin the LONG journey to Nairobi, Kenya. We fly from LAX to Detroit, to Amsterdam, to Johannesburg and eventually arrive in Nairobi. Needless to say, our team is not planning on a ton of work in the first couple of days.

We worked this week at the CRM office in Anaheim. I have a much better understanding of the mission and vision of Enterprise International and what we will be working on while we are overseas. I will spend some time processing on paper (during the hours and hours of flight time) some of my thoughts on "Business for Missions" and the way that CRM conducts ministry. I will try and have that posted the next time I have internet. For now, please pray for safe travels and open hands to serve!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha...I literally put my hand over my face when I read your mom's comment. I think my mom would faint if ANYONE even referenced the possibility of her daughter dying of typhoid in Africa. Love you. WHEN ARE YOU ON SKYPE? I have you in my address book but the little cloud next to your name is alwasy gray :(

    ReplyDelete